Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas in Utah!

My mom's Living Room. This was before Santa came.


This is what happens when Christmas is on Sunday.


But, of course, the reason for the season was remembered.


I spent some time with my nieces and nephew. This is my proposed Christmas card for them next year. It has not yet been green lit.


I invented a game with my nieces and nephew. It was called The Monster of Haunted Forest. The game is about a prince and two princesses that tease a Monster in a forest. The monster gets his feelings hurt and kidnaps two of their friends and seals them in magic orbs. So the prince and princesses have to sneak into the forest (my mom's yard) and rescue the orbs (or basketballs) before the monster (me) captures them. We had a good time. Laughs were had, no tears were shed and the grass stains in my jeans lifted out nicely.


I headed south to enjoy the beauties of Arches National Park with my pals Jared Clark, Rich McKay, and Mike Loveland to do some drawing and painting. Wow. I was blown away. My sketches won't do the vistas justice but the beauty of the park shook my soul.

Park Ave


I don't know the name of this formation but I would call it "Foot".


Balanced Rock


Delicate Arch. This was the capstone of the trip. We weren't sure we'd get to it before sunset but we hurried under the navigation of Jared and caught it from the southern view just as the sun set. Enchanting.


In a further pursuit of the beauties of Utah, my pal Mark and I stopped off at Kolob Canyon just off the 15. Another stunner.

6 comments:

dale phillips said...

you are rare and wondrous

Side of Jeffrey said...

It was nice of that tiger not to eat baby Jesus.

Carollyn said...

This truly made me smile.

Anonymous said...

I loved your pictures, and the game that you played with the kids. We miss you.

love momma

Erin said...

I like how the monster kind of has your hair. :)

Anonymous said...

you are truley an amazing ....artist!!!